Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pancreatic Cancer PSA

While the below video is definitely the current state of pancreatic cancer statistics and incredibly gloomy and dismal, at best, just remember that there is NO cure for pancreatic cancer. We just haven't found it yet!

If there is something you can do to help us toward finding a cure I'd really appreciate your help... because I'm not ready to die!

Further, I'd like to note that as sufferers of Pancreatitis we can work together to discuss what works for us, what trigger points are and what steps we are taking to decrease the pain.

I do not personally take pain killers or see a medical physician for my diagnosed chronic pancreatitis. This is because I do not want to be a lab rat. Rather, I read, research and sparingly use my best judgement based on my findings to live one day at a time for as long as I can. I went into the emergency hospital for acute severe pancreatitis on March 26, 2008. Most days, I live pain free or with little discomfort.

I believe that together - as sufferers of this disease - we can work faster and more efficiently at maintaining our longevity than doctors can. The reason is because doctors have no cure and seem more inclined to believe we are the 'walking dead' and 'beyond help'. I believe that we can prolong enjoyable life and learn healthy pain-free alternatives, if we so choose. One day at a time, I choose life!

No comments:

Post a Comment