Friday, November 19, 2010

Pancreatitis: Eye Sight

Every time I have another pancreatic flare-up it seems my eye sight gets worse.

For the past week-and-a-half I've been sick with the flu. Either the flu or the over-the-counter medications have hurt my pancreas and have cause me to pay much closer attention to it.

A couple days ago while driving, I realized that I couldn't read the name of a building - you know how a company will have its name in large letters at the top of a building. Well, much to my surprise I was unable to make out the word.

My assumption is that the flu has made my pancreas more vulnerable which has in turn hurt my eyes. If I'm not mistaken, eyes are organs. Pancreatitis weakens organs.

Fiddlesticks!

Note to self: Get some really hot sexy glasses to go with my pancreatitis!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not saying you have it. Then again, I'm not certain how old this post it....haven't read the date. But, it's probable. Diabetes, maybe type 2. Vision changes as dramatic as yours are what essentially led up to my diagnosis of type 2 diabetes or diabetes in general. It makes you near sighted, and things at a distance become blurred. Your vision should return to normal after you've brought your blood glucose levels down to near normal after a few days or weeks at most. If you haven't already...get it checked. With all the honey you use, and with pancreatitis and pancreatic damage. Diabetes is typically something that follows after developing pancreatitis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recently tested for Diabetes and I do not have it. That being said, I do have the four main symptoms of diabetes. I recently read an article that said people who drink 4 or more cups of coffee a day may be able to fight off diabetes. Perhaps that is why I don't have diabetes, perhaps not. Just food for thought.

    I'm over 40 so my eyes are going. That is a natural normal process of aging. Additionally, when my pancreas flares up my vision tends to get worse. The eyes are an organ. Problems with the pancreas tends to affect organs. Therefore, it is not a surprise that my eye sight suffers when my pancreas is not in favor with the rest of my system.

    Thank you for your input!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete