Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Flu and Pancreatitis

The Flu and Chronic PancreatitisI have the flu. It's probably a virus. I've been sick for about a week. I'm never sick but I can't seem to kick this bug or get much better. My cough is horrible. It's keeping me up at night. I'm congested and at times feel a little feverish.

I began to wonder if it is harder for people who have chronic pancreatitis to recover from colds or flus. So, I started doing a little research on the internet.

I found nothing. Well, not true. I found a lot of dismal studies. One of which tracked 179 people with pancreatitis. One of them died from bronchial pneumonia. That didn't help.

I've been taking Alka-Seltzer Plus Flu Formula and I've also tried Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Formulas.

Now I have an inflamed liver.

How can I tell? Two ways.
1. I can feel it because it's that enlarged.
2. Reflexology.

I'm not going to take anymore Alka-Seltzer for my flu. It's only making me realize that I might Alka-Seltzer Plus Flu and Chronic Pancreatitishave liver disease... which I didn't know yesterday and was happy not knowing.

The Alka-Seltzer Plus box states not to take it if you have liver disease. I've never been diagnosed with liver disease (only a 'gigantic liver' - how's that for a snazzy diagnosis!).

I think Alka-Seltzer Plus just diagnosed me with liver disease. Ce la vie!

On the bright side, it's a lot cheaper than going to the doctor for the same diagnoses. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment